Reverbs, simulating the millions of tiny echoes that naturally bounce off the walls in a room, have become an central part in glueing together sounds in a song. There are likely few tracks today that don't contain reverb in any form.
The kHs Reverb is a simple but powerful reverb, which helps you to quickly tune in the character you want. It adds the sense of space to any sound by emulating the sound bouncing off the walls in a physical room.
- Decay knob
- The reverberation time, i.e. the time it takes for the reverb to go silent after sound has passed through it.
- Dampen knob
- Adds damping to high frequencies so that they decay faster than low frequencies.
- Size knob
- Adjust the size of the virtual room that reverb simulates. Ranges from closet to church.
- Width knob
- Adjusts the stereo width of the reverb. At 100% the left and right channels are completely uncorrelated in the wet sound.
- Early knob
- Adjusts the balance between early and late reflections. A higher value will give a brighter and more responsive reverb.
- Mix knob
- The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel
- Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin there is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
It also has a "randomize" button that can be useful. I guess...
- Enabled checkbox
- The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle
- The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Reverb as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
Reverb is a snapin
Kilohearts plugins work great together, and all the snapins can work double duty as modular components inside our snapin hosts. There are several different hosts that allow you to apply any number of snapins in various contexts, like to each individual band in the band-splitter Multipass, or add your full effects chain right inside the preset of the synth Phase Plant.
Download and installation
With your confirmation email you will get a download link to the Kilohearts Installer (1.69 MB download, EXE/DMG installer). It will quickly help you with the setup and installation of the plugins you purchased, and any others you might like (like the other free ones). It is personalized for you, so no need to copy-paste any licenses.
Payments are securely handled by 2Checkout.
All Kilohearts plugins are available through the installer as 64-bit VST, AU and AAX plugins for Windows and Mac. Most of them are also available for Propellerheads Reason, but if you are a Reason user you have to get your plugin through the Propellerhead Shop.
The Kilohearts Toolbox
The snapins work best together and the Kilohearts Toolbox offers heavy bundle discounts. It is divided into tiers so you can start out with what suits you the best!