"I really love Transient Shaper! I'm a visual person so being able to see the envelope helps me understand how the signal is being processed. This will become a part of my arsenal for sure."Kill the Noise
When you want to carefully tweak the punch of your snare, the ricki-ticki-ticking of your hi-hats or the snappiness of a synth line, Transient Shaper is the right tool for the job.
Using a compressor is the most common way of adjusting the dynamics of a sound, but sometimes this can be a bit cumbersome. This is where Transient Shaper shines, giving you very direct control over the character of both the attack and sustaining sections of the sound in a way that's simple to understand and tweak.
- The amount of amplification or attenuation of the transient.
- The amount of attenuation directly after the transient, emphasizing the transient without increasing the level.
- The amount of amplification or attenuation of the sustained sound.
- Higher values results in snappier transient modification, and lower values result in smoother curves.
- When enabled, the output signal is clipped to 0dB.
- When enabled transients are detected based on a secondary input, but the effect is applied to the main input.
- Settings panel
- Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
It also has a "randomize" button that can be useful. I guess...
- Enabled checkbox
- The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle
- The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Transient Shaper as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
"I really love it! I'm a visual person so being able to see the envelope helps me understand how the signal is being processed. This will become a part of my arsenal for sure."Jake Stanczak - Kill the Noise
Get more out of Transient Shaper!
Transient Shaper shines on it´s own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now!
"It´s been a while since I had so much fun and so many possibilities within one plugin as Multipass. I look forward to trying it out on everything! :D"Nik Roos - Noisia
Download and installation
Whether you buy a plugin, or just go for the free 10 day trial, we will need your email address to safely deliver your license keys. Newsletter sign-up is totally optional, and we will never give your contact info to anyone else. Payments are securely handled by Braintree.
With your confirmation email you will get a download link to the Kilohearts Installer (1.69 MB download, EXE/DMG installer). It will quickly help you with the setup and installation of the plugins you purchased, and any others you might like (like the other free ones).
All Kilohearts plugins are available through the installer as 32-bit and 64-bit, VST, AU and AAX plugins for Windows and Mac. Most of them are also available for Propellerheads Reason, but if you are a Reason user you have to get your plugin through the Propellerhead Shop.
The snapins work best together. Get em all, or cherry pick your favorites.