Faturator is a distortion plugin with a unique sound and tunable distortion, as well as stereo widening possibilities. In contrast to many common distortion effects Faturator preserves the dynamics of your sound.
- The drive slider saturates the audio, making it sound fuller and heavier.
- The fuzz slider add high frequency "fuzz" to the sound.
- The color slider emphasizes certain frequencies before distortion takes place.
- The mix slider mixes the dry signal with the distorted one.
- The stereo turbo knob adds stereo width by delaying the left or right channel slightly.
- The input VU shows the amplitude of the incoming signal in stereo.
- The output VU shows the amplitude of the outgoing signal in stereo.
Operating the controls
Faturator is controlled by the knobs and the sliders seen in the UI. To move a knob or slider simply click on it, and while holding the mouse button down move the mouse up or down.
Sometimes you might want more precise control when tuning a parameter. Hold the shift key while moving a knob or slider to enter fine tuning mode, where the knob or slider will move more slowly.
You can reset a knob to its default position by double clicking it.
Finally, most controls support entering the value using your keyboard by right-clicking on them.
Faturator can also be loaded as a Snapin in Snapin hosts like Snap Heap, Multipass or Phase Plant.
In Snapin mode, there is a small downwards arrow visible in the top right corner when your mouse cursor is over the plugin. Click it to reveal a preset information row. At the top, up/down arrows can be used to scan through presets and a full browser can be opened by clicking the preset name.